Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fun Stuff

Today when I got off work, I just wanted to DO something! I jumped in my car and took the "long" way home and just so happened to pass by Barnes and Noble. Well, I couldn't let an opportunity like that pass me by, so I pulled in and spent a solid hour just browsing through the Travel section. I found two books that I'm really excited about 'cause they're prep work for my up coming trip to Italy. The first one is 24 Great Walks in Rome and tells where to start the walk, how much time to allocate for the walk and how long the walk is. It has the best maps and ideas for where to stop for coffee or lunch along the way. The second one is Venice Day by Day and covers what you should do if you only have "this" much time to spend in Venice. Both of them will be great for getting a handle on what things we'll want to do in Italy!

After my two fabulous finds I made my way over to Macaroni Grill and ordered Penne Rustica which is the perfect blend of chicken and shrimp and spice! If you haven't tried it...shame on you!! I'm normally a Pasta Milano kind of girl, but tonight I felt the need to branch out and try something different - and I wasn't dissapointed!! Actually, I'm not sure what's going on with me...I've been carbing up lately and it really needs to stop! I'm going to have to go on an all protein diet starting tomorrow. (I'll keep you updated, but I have a feeling that's not going to stick.)

God wants us to know that when we have Him we have everything. ~ A.W. Tozer

1 comment: